Guildford, UK, Permanent
Supermassive Games is looking for a VFX Artist to join our team, to work on one of our exciting new projects!
We want someone to join us to innovate, inspire and collaborate with their creative teammates to create wondrous and exciting effects that propel our stories and characters to new heights. From simple and subtle elements to breathtaking wow moments, this role has a big creative scope!
You will be pushing forward the boundaries of what is possible on next gen platforms and high-end PC GPU’s!
- You have VFX experience in commercial games development or in an allied field such as TV or Film production
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create visually impressive VFX which are sympathetic to the needs of the product
- A good understanding of physical behaviour and motion in the creation of VFX - including a strong sense of timing
- Experience using Unreal Engine for the creation and deployment of effects is essential.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Engaging with the creative process to design and create innovative and high quality VFX
- Implementing VFX within Unreal
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as lighting and environment artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create a great game experience
- Expertise with other industry standard real-time particle editors (UNITY, CryENGINE, Houdini)
- Experience with After Effects and previsualisation tools is an advantage.
The candidate should have:
- A high level of creativity and problem-solving skills
- A positive and proactive work ethic
- A strong sense of visual communication
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative