Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
Supermassive Games are seeking a VFX Artist to work on our exciting projects to innovate, inspire and collaborate with their creative teammates to create wondrous and exciting effects that propel our stories and characters to new heights. From simple and subtle elements to breath-taking wow moments, this role has a big creative scope!
You will be pushing forward the boundaries of what is possible on next gen platforms and high-end PC GPU’s!
- You have VFX experience in commercial games development or in an allied field such as TV or Film production
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create visually impressive VFX which are sympathetic to the needs of the product
- A good understanding of physical behaviour and motion in the creation of VFX - including a strong sense of timing
- Experience using Unreal Engine for the creation and deployment of effects is essential.
Skills and experience required:
- Engaging with the creative process to design and create innovative and high quality VFX
- Implementing VFX within Unreal
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as lighting and environment artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create a great game experience
- Expertise with other industry standard real-time particle editors (UNITY, CryENGINE, Houdini)
- Experience with After Effects and previsualisation tools is an advantage.
The candidate should have:
- A high level of creativity and problem-solving skills
- A positive and proactive work ethic
- A strong sense of visual communication
Why join us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Private health insurance
- Pension and life assurance x6 time annual salary
- Quarterly profit related bonus scheme
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games