Tools & Pipeline Programmer
Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We're hiring a Tools and Pipeline Programmer to join the team that made The Quarry.
In this exciting and creative role you will own and optimise the powerful systems we’ve built around our very own custom version of Unreal Engine. We have partnered with cutting edge industry leaders within the movie industry to deliver expressive character performances. Where you will play an integral part in the process that will allow us to produce the high quality branching narrative that the Quarry exemplified.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Optimise and Build upon our existing toolset built upon our customised version of Unreal Engine.
- Support artists and designers with their workflows across the whole project cycle to deliver efficiency.
- Consistently innovate and seek out opportunities to improve the user-experience for the Supermassive team.
- Prioritising your workload as problems arise, balancing the urgency of day to day issues with larger ongoing projects.
Key skills and experience:
- Expert programmer - you've been operating professionally for 5+ years making use of a variety of languages such as C++, C# and Python.
- Experienced developer – you have supported a large dev team through a full production cycle, gaining a good knowledge of the various workflows across the full breadth of content creation.
- Focussed on the end-user – you are driven to make things better for the end-user, combining a deep understanding of the user-experience, with well thought-out solutions, and solid implementation.
- Great communicator – you can comfortably work with team members across the disciplines, being approachable and having excellent communication that facilitates exploration with a view to finding the best solutions.
- Practical – you are willing to muck-in and help-out other team members who are struggling, solving day-to-day problems and keeping the team moving forwards at all times.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Hands-on working with Unreal Engine and its various content tools at a level where you can offer advice and support other users.
- Experience extending functionality of periphery DCC software, perhaps writing plugins for Maya or MotionBuilder (or equivalents) to meet custom requirements.
- An analytic and solution focussed approach coupled with the ability to stay focussed under pressure.
Why join us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Private health insurance
- Pension and life assurance x6 time annual salary
- Quarterly profit related bonus scheme
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games