Guildford, UK, Permanent
We are looking for a Technical Producer to support one of the key game development teams within Supermassive Games.
We strongly believe in people taking ownership and responsibility and that working together as teams to solve problems, achieve goals, and deliver working software is critical to our success.
An understanding of the context of software development is key to this role and we are therefore expecting that prospective candidates for this role will have experience working as part of one or more software development teams.
You will understand how quality technical delivery across development disciplines is essential to a smooth and successful development process.
The Technical Producer inspires, motivates, and drives a diverse selection of development disciplines to achieve the best possible results through working successfully with the technical process.
Cements clean processes and procedures in place, ensuring that they are followed while also paying attention to their goals, output, and issues.
Looks ahead to potential future directions, improves current processes, and manages pinch points while also planning for avoidance of such in the future.
Works closely with Technical Director and the rest of the production team throughout titles development
- Strong understanding of the title's technical process and procedures
- Strive to deliver strong development results across the team from correct use of the technical process and procedures
- Successfully maintain clear technical process understanding and task progression within it across the development team
- Helping the team to work with the system and delivering to their full potential
- Accurate data reporting of relevant progress and forecasts in a highly digestible fashion
- Awareness of technical process differences across the studio as our game teams work towards their differing goals
- Supporting workflow between the internal team and development partners, including the technical briefing of those partners, and maintaining effective and high-quality standards on delivery and integration of externally produced work
- Preventing escalation of issues into risks by early capture, swift tactical planning, and meticulous execution of actions to address
- Highlighting areas ripe for potential high gain upon improvement
Skills and experience required:
- Passion for the technical side of the development process
- 2+ years in a production or specialist technical management related role
- Experience delivering AAA titles to market on PC and Consoles
- Experience working in a 30+ person development team
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Unreal engine familiarity
- Strong knowledge across Microsoft Office suite
- JIRA or other project management / task tracking software
- Self-starting / driven
- Fanatical about details
- Meticulously organized
The following would be an advantage:
- Knowledge of Programming
- Knowledge of Technical Art, or Technical Animation
- In-depth knowledge of Excel
- Familiarity with Shotgrid/Shotgun
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative
Why join us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games