Guildford, UK, Permanent
Supermassive Games is looking for a highly talented and enthusiastic Technical Artist to play a key role in the studio.
The primary role of this position is to create high quality animation rigs for the environment and creatures, as well as working closely with the art team to improve the quality and efficiency of the content workflow.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Technical Artist, working on at least one AAA title
- Understanding of rigging pipelines and able to provide solutions to complex deformation models.
- Understanding of art authoring packages and transitioning data to engine.
- Experience using Unreal Engine would be an advantage, but not a necessity.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
The main and routine tasks of this position are:
- Working with the animation team to define and create animation rigs for both the environment and creatures.
- Own the skinning process for a variety of rigged assets.
- Act as the bridge across both technical and creative disciplines
- Comfortable with all forms of character / prop deformation (bones, blend shapes, displacement maps)
- Create tools and scripts which increase productivity of the art team and other content creators.
- Debug problems in engine and provide solutions.
- Foresee potential issues and communicate effectively to department leads.
- Critique assets on an ongoing basis to drive continual improvement and ensure quality across the game within defined budgets.
- Substance Designer & Painter
- Additional knowledge of any of the following would be an advantage:
- Maya scripting languages
- Maya API
- Python QT
- Human Anatomy
The candidate should have:
- A drive to constantly push art quality and try out new ideas
- Good collaboration with members of the animation and character teams.
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative