Technical Animator (Pipeline)
Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We are seeking a Technical Animator (Pipeline) to play a key role in the studio.
The primary role of this position is to help guide and develop the animation content production pipelines. This includes iterating on and implementing new toolsets and workflows to enable the Animation and Rigging departments to work effectively and efficiently.
- At least 1 year of experience as a technical artist or related art role, working on at least one AAA title
- Experience with defining and creating tools for animation/art pipelines
- Good knowledge of Unreal Engine’s Animation systems.
Key skills and Responsibilities:
- Working closely and pro-actively with the Animation and Rigging teams in the studio to help support and improve their workflows and processes.
- Plan and develop new tools to enable new or improved results for Animation and Rigging.
- Iterate on existing tools and workflows to improve their usability or efficiency.
- Provide documentation for the tools that are developed.
- Keep up to date with new Animation and Rigging techniques and identify industry trends/best practices.
- Be the point of contact between team members to drive cross-department collaboration.
- Solid Python scripting knowledge.
- Ability to plan code architecture for maintainability and extensibility.
- An understanding of Animation and/or Rigging principles and techniques
- Unreal scripting knowledge, Blueprint or Python
- Strong understanding of Maya or equivalent DCC package.
- Exposure to C++/C#
- Good understanding of 3D math.
- Experience working with Maya plugins
- Knowledge of MotionBuilder or other Animation packages
- Familiarity with Character or Environment Art workflows and software would be beneficial.
Why join us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- 25 days annual leave
- Quarterly profit-related bonus scheme for all staff
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive game