Guildford, UK, Permanent
Supermassive Games are looking for a highly talented and enthusiastic Technical Animator to play a key role in the studio.
The primary role of this position is to own the runtime animation setup and performance of characters, and the pipelines and workflows required for creating and implementing game animations.
- Understanding of runtime animation systems, including state machines, IK and physics systems
- Experience with Animation and Character pipelines
- Experience using Unreal Engine would be an advantage, but not a necessity.
Key Skills and Responsiblities:
The main and routine tasks of this position are:
- Working with the team to define, implement and maintain runtime animation systems to support the gameplay design of the project.
- Testing and checking the visual performance of animation assets in game and debugging animation results to provide solutions.
- Foresee potential issues and communicate effectively to department leads.
- Act as the bridge across both technical and creative disciplines.
- Critique assets on an ongoing basis to drive continual improvement and ensure quality across the game within defined budgets.
- Runtime Animation Systems
- Understanding of core animation principles
- Additional knowledge of any of the following would be an advantage:
- Content Creation Packages (Maya, MotionBuilder)
- Scripting Languages (Mel/Python, PySide/PyQt UI frameworks)
- Maya API
- Character and Prop Rigging
You should have:
- A drive to constantly push animation quality and try out new ideas.
- Attention to details in motion.
- Good collaboration with members of the animation and character teams.
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative