Environment Artist (Stylized)
Guildford, UK, Permanent
Supermassive Games have produced some of the most recognisable and compelling storytelling titles in the world of AAA games. The BAFTA-winning Until Dawn, the cinematic masterclass of The Dark Pictures Anthology, the multi-award winning The Quarry, the action-packed rollercoaster horror VR titles Switchback VR and Rush of Blood to the world of Little Nightmares, and many more!
Time and time again, our incredibly talented and passionate team have delivered games that strike fear into all that dare to play. And we have no plans to stop there! Alongside growing the Dark Pictures universe in new and exciting ways, we have several unannounced, and suitably thrilling, projects!
And so, as we move into new genres and grow our studio, our hunt for talent continues!
Join the Supermassive Games team and create your own story.
We are looking for a Stylized Environment Artist to join us here at Supermassive Games.
In this role you’ll be:
Modelling and texturing elements of the game environment and props, ensuring that all artwork meets the art direction requirements of the game whilst adhering to any technical restrictions.
This role will be based in one of our three central Guildford offices - each a short distance from the main train station. We’re passionate about the collaborative environment here at Supermassive Games where we work to a hybrid model in many of our roles. We are truly a diverse and international business of more than 40 different nationalities from around the globe, providing sponsorship and relocation assistance to those that require it (speak to one of our recruiters for more info).
The main responsibilities will be:
- Using production design art packs to take environments from Whitebox to final production quality.
- Creating accurate and re-usable props for dressing the environment.
- Creating appropriate and detailed props for character interaction.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as character, lighting and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create a AAA game experience.
Experience and skills that would best suit this position:
- At least 3 years of experience as a 3D artist, working on at least one or more published titles, preferably full project cycles.
- In-depth understanding and practical experience of high-end 3D modelling and PBR material pipeline.
- Detailed knowledge of the workflows and methods involved in constructing a high quality game environment.
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create stylized assets, from individual props through to full scenes.
The Perks of being a Supermassive Superstar are:
- 25 Days Annual Leave (3 of which are used when we close the studio for our end of year break)
- Private Medical Insurance (BUPA)
- Life Assurance (6 x annual salary)
- Quarterly Profit related Bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- Enhanced Family Leave (maternity and paternity pay)
- Generous staff referral scheme
- Discount Card for food and drink at our local pub