Guildford, UK, Fixed Term contract
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We are looking for a highly talented and enthusiastic Storyboard Artist to work on a new game in development.
The role is based full-time in our Guildford studio and is being offered as a fixed-term contract.
- At least 3 years’ experience in storyboarding either film or games.
- Reporting to the Creative Director, you will be an important part of the team, producing high quality storyboards that sell the vision of the game and demonstrate its intended story and cinematography.
- Creating high quality storyboards that fit the brief set by the Creative Director
- Clearly communicating progress of work to creative directors and highlighting any immediate concerns
- Meeting all project deadlines as determined by the Senior Producer
- Attending and contributing to relevant meetings and pitches as needed
- Ability to draw storyboards that are clear and descriptive
- Ability to produce good work in a timely fashion
- A keen interest in cinematography and film
- A natural sense of composition
- An understanding of light and tone
- Understanding of basic cinematography terminology (i.e., close up and wide shot etc.)
- Good sense for storytelling through visuals
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Team focused
- Creative and innovative
Why join us?
- Quarterly Profit-related Bonus Scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games