Guildford, UK, Permanent or Fixed-term Contract
We are looking for a talented and experienced Sound Designer to work in house within the accomplished Audio team on our AAA horror titles.
If you strive to deliver visceral audio engagement within a game experience, understand how subtle detail and emotionally driven sound design can enhance a player’s immersion and have a desire for excellence, then we’d very much like to hear from you.
The successful candidate will need experience in audio design and game dev, with clearly displayed talents in the core skills of sound effects, sound design and Foley.
The position is based in our Studio in Guildford
- Own, and deliver to quality, areas of the project’s audio experience
- Create and integrate narrative-enhancing, immersive sound design
- Work closely with the Audio Director and Lead Audio Designer to understand and implement the audio direction for the game
Key Skills and Experience:
- At least two years’ experience in sound design / game sound, ideally in AAA.
- Experience of implementing sound into games using various game development tools, pipelines and technology.
- Proficiency with Audiokinetic’s Wwise
- Good knowledge of DAWs and sample editors
- Experience with SFX and Ambient Sound Design
- Good recording skills for SFX and Foley in studio and external environments
- Strong communication skills coupled with the ability to deliver great sound design.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Unreal Engine 4
- Film / linear post-production skills
- Good understanding of music theory and music editing experience beneficial
- Understanding of simple coding techniques
The candidate should have
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A desire to learn and improve on their skillset
To enjoy working at Supermassive you also need to be:
- Creative and innovative
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
Why join us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive game