Social Media Manager
Guildford, UK, Permanent
Got some experience managing social media channels for a game developer or publisher? Passionate about games? Maybe played one or two of ours? Then please get in touch!
We’re looking for a Social Media Manager to run the Supermassive Games social channels. You will use your creativity and communications skills to engage our passionate fanbase as you manage the day to day running of our social media channels. This is a great opportunity to make an impact as we enter a really exciting time at Supermassive Games. This role is based at our studio in Guildford, UK.
- Run the Supermassive Games social channels
- Lead and execute the social media strategy for Supermassive Games
- Engage and grow the Supermassive Games community across all our social media platforms (and explore potential for new ones).
- Speak directly to the community - start and maintain conversations with fans/influencers about the studio and our games
- Create tone of voice/personality and ensure consistency across all social media platforms
- Regular reporting on current social and community sentiment
- Work with partners and agencies when necessary to ensure consistent tone across all channels
- Keep up to date on trends within gaming, entertainment, lifestyle and keep the Supermassive channels current and relevant
- Work closely with the Communications Director and other stakeholders to ensure alignment on studio goals
Is this you?
- Social Media management experience within the games, entertainment or related industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excited by social media and how it is used to engage and grow a fanbase
- Passionate about games
- Understanding and experience of interacting with game communities
- Experience of working with external partners and agencies
- Experience of social media tools, both for posting and analytics
- Effective time management and project management skills
- A relevant degree is advantageous.
- Passion for and knowledge of our games is desirable
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Committed to quality
- Creative and innovative
Why join us:
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect