Senior Systems Designer
Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
Supermassive Games are seeking a Senior Systems Designer to work on one of our exciting projects!
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced person to work on new, as yet unannounced project. You will collaborate with design, engineering, art, and animation teams to create varied and compelling systems, from combat to progression systems.
You have experience operating at a Senior System design level, in at least one AAA commercially shipped title with responsibility for game systems
- Experience designing core systems, analysing gameplay, identify strengths and weaknesses, and recommending improvements – shipped titles.
- Knowledge in designing and writing GDD’s and brief system design specifications.
- Demonstrated experience of a collaborative approach to game making, showing how you worked together with the other disciplines/team members to realise the best possible game play experience.
- The ability to iterate and rapidly prototype gameplay, and implement to quality.
- Adapt to technical and production constraints, reworking designs when and as often as needed.
- Provide clear feature documentation, diagrams, calculation models, wireframes, and/or prototypes.
- Someone who actively seeks feedback to improve their work while also providing guidance and feedback to your peers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; can communicate clearly and concisely in English.
- The talent to create game content that delivers a rewarding, visually exciting and exhilarating experience for the player.
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the industry & develop your skills and refresh your knowledge.
- Wide-ranging experience playing a variety of video games, interested in why things work.
Other skills and knowledge:
- Experience operating at a senior system design level within a AAA environment
- A portfolio of work that speaks to our need and requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with game development tools and scripting languages - ideally Unreal Engine.
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative
Why join us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Quarterly Profit-related Bonus Scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive game