Senior Sound Designer
Guildford, UK, Permanent or 6 Months Fixed-term/Freelance Contract
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Sound Designer to work in house within the accomplished Audio team on our AAA horror titles.
If you understand the importance of delivering visceral audio engagement through emotionally driven sound design with subtle detail to enhance a player’s immersion and have a desire for excellence, then we would very much like to hear from you.
The role requires an excellent ear for well-crafted cinematic hyperrealism, intuitive mentoring abilities and a strong desire to create incredible, innovative audio experiences.
The successful candidate will need experience in all phases of audio design and production, with high proficiency in core skills of sound design, sound effects and Foley, with music editing a bonus.
The position is based in our Studio in Guildford and is available as a Permanent or 6 Months Fixed term/Freelance Contract
- Concept, create and integrate narrative-enhancing, immersive sound design
- Own, and deliver to quality, large areas of the project’s audio experience with little direction
- Work closely with the Audio Director and Game Director to help define and realise the project audio direction
- Mentoring mid and junior audio designers and sharing knowledge with the rest of the audio team
Key Skills and Experience:
- Five years plus experience in game sound design , ideally in AAA
- Wide experience of implementing sound into games using various game development tools, pipelines and technology
- Strong communication skills
- At least one game cycle leading, supporting and mentoring multiple team members
- High proficiency with Wwise
- Advanced knowledge of DAWs, sample editors and plugins
- Broad experience with abstract sound design, cinematic SFX and immersive character sound (dialogues and foley)
- Solid recording skills for SFX and Foley in studio and external environments
- Good understanding of music theory and music editing experience
- Working closely with other disciplines on the team to improve workflows and achieve the vision for the game.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Unreal Engine 4
- Additional film / linear post-production skills
- Good understanding of music theory and music editing experience beneficial
- Understanding of simple coding techniques
- Experience leading and supporting a team of audio designers to deliver high quality in an efficient manner
The candidate should have
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A growth mentality, with desire to learn and improve on their skillset
- A natural ability to mentor, manage and share knowledge
To enjoy working at Supermassive you also need to be:
- Creative and innovative
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality