Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
Supermassive Games are seeking a Senior Producer to work on one of our exciting new projects!
The role will be to support the growth of our studio and ambition of our current development portfolio. This is not a typical producer role (if there is such a thing) and we need people who understand that a great manager works for their team, not the other way round.
We strongly believe in people taking ownership and responsibility and that working together as teams to solve problems, achieve goals and deliver working software is critical to our success.
The role reports to the Director responsible for the P&L of one of our studio teams at Supermassive.
An understanding of the context of games development is key to this role and we are therefore expecting that prospective candidates for this role will have experience working as part of one or more game development teams.
Working in one of our game teams to ensure the successful delivery of the title, you will need to come prepared to do whatever it takes to help the teams to be successful.
- Project planning at both a high level ‘big picture’ and detailed, week-by-week task-focused plans
- Working with a wide range of people from the most senior to the most junior, willing to both listen carefully and challenge hard
- Team management with an adaptable (by situation) style, focused on facilitative leadership as opposed to ‘command and control’
- A grasp of Agile and especially Scrum – for example, working as part of a Scrum team or acting as Scrum Master
- Identifying process and planning issues and tenaciously following through to resolve them, adapting the teams approach to improve performance
- Experience of working in a constructively critical, open and honest culture
- Supplier management, such as mo-cap, outsourcing or testing
- Fanatical about details
- Meticulously organised
- Familiarity with a variety of project management and bug tracking software (e.g. Jira, DevTrack, Trello, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Excel
- Passion for narrative-led games
Experience in the following areas would be an advantage:
- Cross-discipline team management
- Delivery of highly cinematic games
You also need to be:
To enjoy working in our studio and to succeed at Supermassive Games, you also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative
Why join us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Quarterly Profit-related Bonus Scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games