Guildford, UK, Permanent
We’re looking for a Senior Producer to support the growth of our studio and ambition of our current development portfolio. This is not a typical producer role (if there is such a thing) and we need people who understand that a great manager works for their team, not the other way round.
We strongly believe in people taking ownership and responsibility and that working together as teams to solve problems, achieve goals and deliver working software is critical to our success.
A comprehensive understanding of the context of games development is key to this role and we are therefore expecting that prospective candidates will have experience working as part of one or more game development teams, having shipped at least two titles in a Producer (or higher) position.
Working in one of our game teams to ensure the successful delivery of the title, you will need to come prepared to do whatever it takes to help the teams to be successful.
- Working closely with the Creative Director and Executive Producer, as well as other project leads, to validate scope and quality throughout the development cycle
- Project planning at both a high level ‘big picture’ and detailed, week-by-week task-focused plans
- Planning and prioritisation of work throughout the production to deliver specifications in an accurate, complete, and timely manner
- Accurate reporting of scope, in terms of actual and forecast costs and effort, to enable the Studio to support with appropriate resources
- Managing the morale, motivation, performance and personal development of the project team
- Along with the Lead Designer and the rest of the Team, providing day-to-day analysis and feedback to the Executive Producer and Director in order to keep the project on track and in line with stakeholder expectations
- Working with a wide range of people from the most senior to the most junior, willing to both listen carefully and challenge hard
- Team management with an adaptable (by situation) style, focused on facilitative leadership as opposed to ‘command and control’
- A grasp of Agile and especially Scrum – for example, working as part of a Scrum team or acting as Scrum Master
- Identifying process and planning issues and tenaciously following through to resolve them, adapting the teams approach to improve performance
- Experience of working in a constructively critical, open and honest culture
- External partnership management, such as mo-cap, art production or testing
- Fanatical about details
- Meticulously organised
- Familiarity with a variety of project management and bug tracking software (e.g. Jira, DevTrack, Trello, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Excel
Experience in the following areas would be an advantage:
- History of forging strong external development partnerships
You also need to be:
To enjoy working in our studio and to succeed at Supermassive Games, you also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative
The role reports to the project's Executive Producer