Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We are seeking a Senior Animator to work on our exciting projects!
You will be responsible for a creating and editing key-frame animation and editing mocap data for in-game characters and sequences, to provide high-quality content for one of our games currently in production.
- The ability to follow an artistic vision and interpret feedback and direction accurately
- An ability to interpret storyboards and take them through to final animation
- A solid understanding of traditional animation principles (timing, weight, etc.)
- Experience working with and editing mocap data.
- Ability to create and iterate key-frame animation.
- Strong staging and block-out skills, with a good eye for character posing.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as environment, character, lighting and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create a AAA game experience.
Skills and Experience required:
- At least 7 years of experience as an animator, working on at least one AAA game.
- Creating believable key-framed performances for both humans and creatures
- Able to clean up and enhance motion captured performances
- Detailed knowledge of the workflows and methods involved in animating game characters, vehicles and objects.
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create high-quality animations.
- Motion Builder
- Knowledge of the principles of key-frame and motion capture technology
- Experience of character rigs and facial animation solutions
Why join us?
- Quarterly profit-related bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive game