Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
Supermassive Games are seeking a Security Engineer to join our IT team.
You should have experience in a similar role that required you to be highly organised, efficient and a fast learner.
We are a friendly and welcoming team who are looking for the right person to join us in this key role for the studio.
- This is a wide role suitable for those who are able to take on more than one narrow area of security. With the ever-changing world of security threats we looking for an engineer to focus on a security transformation project:
- A minimum of three years security support
- Highly organised, thorough, and diligent with an acute attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills with the IT Team as well as customers internal and external.
- The ability to work unsupervised, work to deadlines and have a flexible attitude
- Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing ongoing Security Posture – identifying risks.
- Drafting Security Standards
- Coaching IT and other staff around Security Awareness by sharing your security knowledge
- Maintain, review and improve security posture across cloud and SaaS services.
- Managing assigned projects to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
- Automation of security controls.
- Coordination of security systems to provide alerting and reporting.
- Remediation of security issues.
- Incident Response
- Contributing to DR improvements and security
- Assessment of Security products against studio needs.
- Helping with third party security audits
- Helping and support the IT Infrastructure.
Skills and Experience:
- Required Skills:
- Deep understanding of Security Frameworks
- Able to demonstrate previous practical experience in an equivalent role
- Knowledge of iDP systems ; AAD, SAML, OAuth, CAs
- Experience of firewalls, log management, AV, content filtering, IDS
- Understanding of Networking. VLAN segmentation for security etc.
- Patching Automation
- Vulnerability management: scanning and mitigation
- Windows GPO and Certificates.
- 802.1x / MAC Based Authentication / RADIUS / MS NPS / etc
- Linux and Windows Systems
- Outstanding Documentation Skills
- Desirable skills:
- AWS/Azure/Office365 hardening – Azure Monitor, Azure Security Centre and Log Analytics
- Security templates and auditing of adherence
- Security in Dev Ops/CI Environments
- Scripting & Automation with Python
- Sophos Central with EDR
- Previous experience of working in a games studio
The role reports to the studio’s Director of IT and Facilities
Why join us?
- Benefits package, including:
- 25 days annual leave
- Health insurance
- Life assurance and income protection
- Social events - including large summer party
- You will be a key part of a video game studio where:
- We make big games with small teams
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- We work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games