Production Integration Manager
Guildford, UK, Permanent
We’re looking for a Production Integration Manager to join The Dark Pictures development team. You will be responsible for the internal teams that build the scenes/levels based on the Design Specification.
We would expect you to have to have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Production or Management roles within games, with direct responsibility for creative teams of 20 or more.
The ideal candidate will be a rounded manager, able to apply the correct balance to process and the development of staff to improve their wellbeing and performance.
It is a key part of the role that the Production Integration Manager inspires and motivates a diverse team to achieve the best possible results.
The role reports to the Production Director, and is responsible for the Integration Team, with support, guidance and direction from the Game Team and Series Directors. The Integration Team are a mixed skillset group of designers, animators and artists who create the game scenes and levels based on Design Specification through to Shippable Quality.
- Completing and validating estimates for the work to be done based on the Design Specification, Tools and Production Methods
- Advising on the ‘make or buy’ production decisions for Production Integration, including Production Lighting, Cameras, VFX and Animation
- Supporting the information flow between the internal team and appropriate Development Partners, including the briefing of those partners, and effective delivery and integration of the work done outside of the internal team
- Maintaining appropriate internal staffing levels to meet the forecast production needs of the series
- Planning and prioritisation of work to best meet the needs of the Game Teams
- Accurate reporting of actual and forecast costs and effort to enable the Studio to support with appropriate resources
- Managing the morale, motivation, and performance of the Production Integration Team including the Level Design, Animation, VFX, and Lighting Production Leads and, through those Leads, the performance, development and wellbeing of approximately 25 staff members within that team
- Support the Game Teams, Art Production Team, and the Presentation Team with resource requests where practical
- Improving pipelines, methods and the appropriate use of skills within the team to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Production Integration
- Fanatical about details
- Meticulously organised
- Familiarity with a variety of project management and bug tracking software (e.g. Jira, DevTrack, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Excel
- Passion for narrative-led games
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative