Production Design Assistant
Guildford, UK, Permanent
Supermassive Games are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Production Design Assistant to play a key role in the studio.
The primary role of this position is to aid the Production Designer in providing high-quality reference material for the rest of the art team.
- Educated with a Degree in Art, with an interest in film and games
- A portfolio of work which demonstrates a good understanding of your area of expertise
- Proven ability to research and produce reference material on a specific subject or location e.g. architecture, materials, history, clothing
- Understanding of key art principles such as graphics, composition, colour and tone
- Experience producing and editing video sequences would be an advantage
Key Skills and Responsibilities
The main and routine tasks of this position are:
- Creating high-quality reference packs, style guides and videos in conjunction with the Production Designer which clarify and communicate the vision of the Game Director to the art team
- Taking rough concept artwork and providing higher detail reference material for internal and external artists to work from
- Gathering and organising reference materials in a diligent and methodical manner
- Communicating well with other artists on the team to ensure they have all the information they require to produce high-quality assets for the game
- Excellent 2D art skills
- Photoshop / Illustrator
- Experience using Adobe Premier or other video editing package an advantage
- Experience using Maya/Sketchup or other 3D package an advantage
The candidate should have
- A drive to constantly push art quality and try out new ideas.
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
To enjoy working at Supermassive you also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Team focussed
- Creative and innovative