Guildford, UK, Permanent
We’re looking for Production Assistant to support the growth of our studio and ambition of our current development portfolio. This is not a typical Producer role (if there is such a thing) and we need people who understand that a great manager works for their team, not the other way round.
We strongly believe in people taking ownership and responsibility - and that working together as teams to solve problems, achieve goals and deliver working software is critical to our success.
You will need a basic understanding of the process of game development, but you don’t need to have previous experience as an assistant producer. You may have worked in a QA department as a tester or have studied game development or game design at university, for instance.
Working in one of our game teams to ensure the successful delivery of the title, you will need to come prepared to do whatever it takes to help the teams to be successful.
- Assisting the game producers in supporting the game team
- Working with a wide range of people from the most senior to the most junior, willing to both listen carefully and challenge hard
- Identifying process and planning issues and tenaciously following through to resolve them
- Day-to-day task and progress tracking and reporting across the team
- Good communicator and listener
- Fanatical about details
- Meticulously organised
- Passion for narrative-led games
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Familiarity with a variety of project management and bug tracking software (e.g. Jira, DevTrack, Trello, etc.)
You also need to be:
To enjoy working in our studio and to succeed at Supermassive Games, you also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative
The role reports to the project's Executive Producer