Guildford, UK, Permanent
We’re looking for a Producer to support the growth of our studio and the ambition of our current development portfolio. This is not a typical producer role (if there is such a thing) and we need people who understand that a great manager works for their team, not the other way round.
We strongly believe in people taking ownership and responsibility and that working together as teams to solve problems, achieve goals and deliver working software is critical to our success.
An understanding of the context of games development is key to this role and we are therefore expecting that prospective candidates for this role will have experience working as part of one or more game development teams.
Working in one of our game teams to ensure the successful delivery of the title, you will need to come prepared to do whatever it takes to help the teams to be successful.
- Project planning at both a high level ‘big picture’ and detailed, week-by-week task-focused plans
- Working with a wide range of people from the most senior to the most junior, willing to both listen carefully and challenge hard
- Team management with an adaptable (by situation) style, focused on facilitative leadership as opposed to ‘command and control’
- A grasp of Agile and especially Scrum – for example, working as part of a Scrum team or acting as Scrummaster
- Identifying process and planning issues and tenaciously following through to resolve them, adapting the teams approach to improve performance
- Experience of working in a constructively critical, open and honest culture
- Supplier management, such as mo-cap, outsourcing or testing
- Fanatical about details
- Meticulously organised
- In-depth knowledge of Excel
- Familiarity with a variety of project management and bug tracking software (e.g. Jira, DevTrack, Trello, etc.)
- Passion for narrative-led games
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative
The role reports to the studio's Director of Design