Guildford, UK, Permanent
We’re looking for a Presentation Manager to join The Dark Pictures development team. You will be responsible for the Presentation Team who will take the games from Shippable to Final Release quality.
We would expect you to have several years of experience in production or management roles within film, TV or games, with direct responsibility for teams of 20 or more, and have managed significant production or post-production projects ($5M+ budget) through to successful completion.
The ideal candidate will be a rounded manager, able to apply the correct balance to process and the development of staff to improve their wellbeing and performance.
It is a key part of the role that the Presentation Manager inspires and motivates a diverse team to achieve the best possible results.
The role reports to the Series Producer, and is responsible for the Presentation Team, with support, guidance and direction from the Game Team and Series Directors. The Presentation Team are a mixed skillset group of artists and animators who take the game from a Shippable state (i.e. Production complete to specification) to Final Release Quality.
- Supporting Game Teams and Series Directors in identifying areas for improvement through editing, cameras, presentation lighting, presentation VFX and animation
- Managing the communication and tracking of the work identified
- Maintaining the appropriate skills-mix in the presentation team and maintaining appropriate internal staffing levels to meet the forecast production needs of the series
- Planning and prioritisation of work to best meet the needs of the Game Teams
- Accurate reporting of actual and forecast costs and effort to enable the Studio to support with appropriate resources
- Managing the morale, motivation, performance and, with input from the Art, Animation, and Game Directors, and the Lighting, VFX, Animation and Camera Leads in the team, for the personal development and wellbeing of approximately 15-20 staff members within the Presentation Team
- Supporting the Presentation team to solve problems and find optimum solutions that meet the needs of the Series Directors and Game Team
- Improving pipelines, methods and the appropriate use of skills within the team to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Presentation Lighting, Camera, Animation, VFX
- Fanatical about details
- Meticulously organised
- Familiarity with a variety of project management and bug tracking software (e.g. Jira, DevTrack, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Excel
- Passion for narrative-led games
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative