Guildford, UK, Permanent
We’re looking for a Partner Manager to join The Dark Pictures development team. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining good long-term relationships with the external development partners that work with Supermassive on The Dark Pictures Anthology.
We would expect you to have several years’ experience in production roles within a game studio, with direct responsibility for relationship and production management with external partners.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with senior staff both internally and externally, personable and diplomatic but capable of communicating both positive and negative feedback to get the best out of our external relationships.
The role reports to the Production Director, and is responsible for all communications with external partners, ensuring that briefs for work are delivered to partners on spec and on time, and also deliverables from partners are tracked and delivered to spec by return.
- Manage relationships with external development partners to produce work to the highest standard expected by Supermassive Games
- Work with the production management team and partners to determine the optimal level of work to be placed with the correct partner teams
- Create and maintain regular Skype meetings with each partner to review progress and initiate new work streams, bringing in others from the studio team as appropriate
- Ensure each partner complies with contract terms
- Validate estimates for the work to be done based on the Design Specification, Production Design, Concept Art, Tools and Production Methods
- Liaise with partners to solve issues and communicate needs with strong project planning
- Accurately report actual and forecast costs and effort to enable the Studio to support with appropriate resources
- Manage partner communication tools, such as Shotgun and Jira
- Great communicator with assertive but diplomatic nature
- Fanatical about details
- Meticulously organised
- Familiarity with a variety of project management and bug tracking software (e.g. Shotgun, Jira)
- Passion for narrative-led games
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative