Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We’re looking for an Outsourcing Manager to join The Dark Pictures development team. You will be responsible for the specification, development and delivery of externally developed assets, in addition to developing and maintaining good long-term relationships with the external development partners that work with Supermassive on The Dark Pictures anthology.
We would expect you to have several years’ experience in production roles within a game studio, with direct responsibility for relationship and production management with external partners; OR an experienced video games artist that would like to transition to managing a team of outsourced artists.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with senior staff both internally and externally, personable and diplomatic but capable of communicating both positive and negative feedback to get the best out of our external relationships.
The role reports to the Production Director, and is responsible for all communications with external partners, ensuring that briefs for work are delivered to partners on spec and on time, and also deliverables from partners are tracked and delivered to spec by return.
- Work with the internal production management team and leads to determine the optimal level of work to be placed with the correct partner teams
- Create specification documents for all external assets to be developed, working with internal production team and leads as required
- Validate estimates for the work to be done based on the Design Specification, Production Design, Concept Art, Tools and Production Methods
- Commission existing external development partners to produce work to the highest standard expected by Supermassive Games
- Create and maintain regular Skype meetings with each partner to review progress and initiate new work streams, bringing in others from the studio team as appropriate
- Ensure each partner complies with contract terms
- Liaise with partners to solve issues and communicate needs with strong project planning
- Accurately report actual and forecast costs and effort to enable the Studio to support with appropriate resources
- Manage partner communication tools, such as Shotgun and Jira
- Seek opportunities to develop new partnerships with high quality external developers
- Great communicator with assertive but diplomatic nature
- Fanatical about details
- Meticulously organised
- Familiarity with a variety of project management and bug tracking software (e.g. Jira, DevTrack)
- In-depth knowledge of Excel
- Passion for narrative-led games
To enjoy working in our studio and to succeed at Supermassive Games, you also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Committed to quality
- Creative and innovative
Why join us:
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games