Network Gameplay Programmer
Guildford, UK, Permanent
Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We’ve harnessed Unreal Engine 4 and built a suite of powerful, world-class systems on top of it. Now we need you to help us take this further.
You’ll be engineering brand new features, from basic prototypes through to robust, reusable systems that underpin all of our upcoming games. You’ll also be crafting realistic and expressive characters, innovative game mechanics and smooth, responsive control systems for our stable of AAA projects.
In other words you’ll be playing a key role in developing our future games.
What we're looking for:
- Expert in C++ - you’ve worked with C++, and have contributed to shipped games on PC, console or mobile.
- Understanding of network coding for multiplayer games. Managing the state of each game object and providing a smooth, glitch-free experience to all clients.
- Great Communicator - you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers.
- Practical - sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation. You have an instinct for what level of engineering is needed, and you can work efficiently at any level.
- Passion for Games - you’ve probably been playing games forever. You understand an engaging player experience and are confident reproducing it in code.
We'd be especially impressed by:
- Experience shipping games on console or PC. Detailed knowledge of SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One or high-end Windows PC.
- Unreal Engine 4. Experience of using and extending the editor and runtime of Unreal Engine.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative