Junior Game Programmer
Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We’ve harnessed Unreal Engine 4 and built a suite of powerful, world-class systems on top of it. Now we need you to help us take this further.
You’ll be part of a team engineering brand new features and extending our existing systems, from basic prototypes through to robust, reusable systems that underpin all of our upcoming games. You could also be working with experienced senior programmers crafting realistic and expressive characters, innovative game mechanics and smooth, responsive control systems for our stable of AAA projects.
In other words, we can provide a great environment for you to take your next steps in game development and you’ll be playing a key role in developing our future games.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in C++
- Great Communicator - you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers
- Passion for Games - you’ve probably been playing games forever. You understand an engaging player experience and are confident reproducing it in code.
- Personal Projects – you’ve worked on personal projects that you can demonstrate and talk about. Ideally you’ll have a portfolio and source code we can look at (e.g. on GitHub).
We'd be especially impressed by:
- Knowledge of various game systems. Experience working in-depth with one or more game systems such as player control, animation, audio, networking or AI.
- Knowledge of different game engines or SDKs. Experience working with different game engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine, and middleware SDKs.
- Strong Maths Skills. Good understanding of 3D maths and its practical applications.
- Unreal Engine 4. Experience with Unreal Engine 4 source code and blueprint is a plus.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative