IT Infrastructure Engineer
Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
Supermassive Games are seeking a IT Infrastructure Engineer to join our IT team.
You should have experience in a similar role that required you to be highly organised, efficient and a fast learner.
We are a friendly and welcoming team who are looking for the right person to join us in this key role for the studio.
- We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure who is able to quickly make a good contribution to the studio. They should have:
- A minimum of three years infrastructure support
- A highly organised, thorough, and diligent work-ethic with acute attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the IT Team as well as internal and external customers.
- The ability to work unsupervised, work to deadlines and have a flexible attitude
- Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Managing assigned projects to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
- Coordinating and/or performing additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems and attached devices; includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation and testing of new network hardware and software
- Supporting our bespoke software applications including regular maintenance
- Proactive technical support of helpdesk enquiries from internal and external customers
- Ensure backups are ran successfully and kept up to date
- Exceptional monitoring skills
- Server room management and maintenance
- The role reports to the studio’s Director of IT and Facilities
Skills and Experience:
- Required Skills:
- Working with AWS and its best practices (EC2/S3/IAM/etc)
- Office365 Administration
- Good IT Security Awareness
- Networking: Small-Medium Network design/support, Layer 2/3, etc.
- Linux (RedHat) Monitoring and Performance Tuning
- Microsoft Windows Server (Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS)
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Technical troubleshooting of networks and servers
- High Level of written and spoken English
- Desirable skills:
- Exposure to Azure AD, SAML, SSO
- Office365 Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- SolarWinds and Grafana monitoring
- Sophos Central
- Supporting Dev Ops/CI Environment/Software Developers
Why join us?
- Benefits package, including:
- 25 days annual leave
- Health insurance
- Life assurance and income protection
- Social events - including large summer party
- You will be a key part of a video game studio where:
- We make big games with small teams
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- We work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games