Guildford, UK, Permanent
Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We are seeking a Graphics Programmer to work on one of our exciting new projects!
We’ve customised Unreal Engine 4 to build a suite of powerful, world-class systems and tools that underpin our games. Now we need your help to take this to the next level.
We are aiming to achieve Hollywood production values in real time, so we’re engaging with industry-leading, next generation features for rendering, content creation and human simulation that will intensify the player experience.
You will be a key part of the team for one of our games. Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving for the highest image quality possible for each scene using a pragmatic approach
- Applying a deep understanding of rendering techniques and systems to meet the requirements of the game, extend the feature set and suggest new approaches
- Working with other disciplines to achieve the highest quality visual fidelity possible
- Being involved at any stage of asset production from specification to platform-specific rendering
Skills and experience required:
- Expert in C++ - you’ve worked with C++ for 5+ years and have contributed to shipped games on PC, console or mobile.
- Graphics Guru – you are passionate about the latest rendering techniques and achieving the highest possible graphical quality in-game, and understand cutting-edge renderer and pipelines inside out.
- Strong 3D Maths – you have a broad knowledge of the theory and practical application of 3D maths in games.
- Practical - you’re able to provide solutions that are efficient and easy to use for content creators, and take into account the needs of the game. You are able to prototype new ideas rapidly to help determine the best way to achieve the vision.
- Great Communicator - you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with artists and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of multiple platforms. Excellent knowledge of high-end graphics on PC and multiple consoles.
- Low-level code knowledge. Proven ability to dig down into code systems and profile, optimise or debug them.
- Unreal Engine 4. Experience of using and extending the editor and runtime of Unreal Engine.
Why join us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games