Lead Game Tester
Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end interactive cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We are looking for a Lead Game Tester to work with our teams to ensure the successful delivery of our games.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 23rd May 2021.
The core aspects of the role are to:
- Lead the testing effort of Supermassive titles working with developers, producers and the design team
- Maintain and create test plans as well as project reports when required
- Lead internal and outsourced teams during test cycles
- Work closely with the QA Managers to maintain and improve QA process for all titles
- Take part in planning sessions for your assigned projects
- Report defects to the company standard and maintain database integrity
- Support the dev team by performing high-quality testing of features as they are implemented
Key Skills and Experience
- 2+ years experience as a QA lead in Functional Games QA
- Experience working with development teams in an embedded capacity.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with planning test releases from start to finish as well as self-managing deadlines and time over sprints.
- Experience with Jira
- Experience leading outsource teams or other external test teams
- Experience of using defect tracking tools and systems
- Experience of writing and executing structured test plans
- Testing games on a variety of platforms, such as PC, PS4, Xbox One.
- Testing games built using the Unreal Engine
- Understanding of a variety of testing methodologies
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative