Game Systems Programmer
Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end interactive drama, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We’ve customised Unreal Engine 4 to build a suite of powerful, world-class systems and tools that underpin our games. Now we need your help to take this to the next level.
We are aiming to achieve Hollywood production values in real time, so we’re engaging with industry-leading, next generation features for rendering, content creation and human simulation that will intensify the player experience.
You will be a key part of the team for one of our games. Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and refactoring game systems at a number of levels from production use to player-facing code
- Maintaining and improving our custom game flow logic systems
- Working closely with other disciplines to achieve the highest quality player experience possible
- Producing code that is based on high standards of readability, reliability and maintainability
What we're looking for:
- Expert in C++ - you’ve got strong experience in C++, and have contributed to shipped games on PC, console or mobile.
- Great Communicator - you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers.
- Practical - sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation. You have an instinct for what level of engineering is needed, and you can work efficiently at any level.
- Passion for Games - you’ve probably been playing games forever. You understand an engaging player experience and are confident reproducing it in code.
We'd be especially impressed by:
- Experience shipping games on console or PC. Detailed knowledge of SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One or high-end Windows PC.
Why join us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance x6 time annual salary
- Quarterly profit related bonus scheme
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games