Full Stack Tools Developer
Guildford, UK, Permanent
We’ve customised Unreal Engine to build a suite of powerful, world-class systems and tools that underpin our games. Now we need your help to take this to the next level.
We are aiming to achieve Hollywood production values in real time, so we’re engaging with industry-leading, next generation features for rendering, content creation and human simulation that will intensify the player experience.
We are looking for an experienced developer to help maintain and expand our suite of powerful, world-class in-house systems.
You will be building critical tools that will underpin development across all our games. You’ll be involved in solving complex and technical challenges, as well as working with developers from all disciplines to understand and improve their workflows.
In other words, you’ll be playing a key role in developing our future games.
We're looking for:
- User Interface – you have some experience building easy-to-use UIs, using HTML, WPF or a similar language.
- Source control – working in team environment using source control, Agile
- Problem Solver – you enjoy understanding and working with complex systems. You’re prepared to dive into unfamiliar code and learn new skills when necessary
Practical - sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation. You have an instinct for what level of engineering is needed, and you can work efficiently at any level
- Great Communicator - you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a feature with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers
We'd be especially impressed by:
- Wide Range of Experience.
- Knowledge of relational and document-orientated databases, multi-threading, Unreal editor, C++.
- Other Languages – if you know, C#, Python, Lua, that would also be useful.
You also need to be:
- Great at communicating
- Practical and organised
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality