Environment Artist (Stylised)
Guildford, UK, Permanent
Supermassive Games are looking for a highly talented and experienced Environment Artist to play a key role in the studio.
The primary role of this position is to model and texture elements of the game environment and props, ensuring that all artwork meets the art direction requirements of the game whilst adhering to any technical restrictions.
- At least 3 years of experience as a 3D artist, working on at least one AAA title.
- In-depth understanding and practical experience of high-end 3D modelling and PBR material pipeline.
- Detailed knowledge of the workflows and methods involved in constructing a high quality game environment.
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create both photo-realistic and stylized models, depending on the art style required, from individual props through to full scenes.
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- Using production design art packs to take environments from whitebox to final production quality.
- Creating accurate and re-usable props for dressing the environment.
- Creating appropriate and detailed props for character interaction.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as character, lighting and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create a AAA game experience.
- Substance Painter / Designer
- Additional knowledge of other material/surface tools, such as Quixel, Mudbox, ZBrush or 3D Coat, would be an advantage.
The candidate should have:
- A drive to constantly push art quality and try out new ideas.
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
To enjoy working at Supermassive you also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative
Why join us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games