Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
Supermassive Games are seeking a Dialogue Designer to work on one of our exciting new projects!
Supermassive Games has an exciting new opportunity for a Dialogue Designer to join our award-winning audio department. As a dialogue designer, you will be tasked with maintaining quality and consistency across dialogue assets and supporting game designers in creating a cinematic narrative experience for players.
Characters are key to the narrative experiences we create at Supermassive and dialogue is the main asset to bring those characters to life.
- Working closely with design, animation and other disciplines to create immersive characters
- Editing and mastering in-game dialogue to ensure a rich dialogue experience with emphasis on quality and commercial standards
- Implementing runtime processing for VO
- Communicating with multiple departments to ensure quality and attention to detail across entire dialogue pipeline
- Recording additional dialogue
- Collaborate with the audio programmers and design teams to develop and build on existing dialogue systems, tools and pipelines.
- Working with producers and external partners to provide localisation of additional languages
- Create, edit and design additional dialogue assets
Skills and Experience Required:
- A passion for all things dialogue with an ear for detail in spoken word
- High on quality whilst editing
- Experience in audio recording, production, editing and mastering
- Proficiency in recording VO
- Experienced in professional audio editing tools such as (but not limited to) Pro Tools, Reaper, Waves Plugins, iZotope RX, etc.
- A strong problem-solver and team player with solid organization skills.
- Self-motivated individual with a proactive outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience of implementing sound into games using various game development tools, pipelines and technology
- Tracking tasks and bugs in Jira
- With source control software i.e., perforce
- Working with localisation pipelines
- Knowledge or familiarity with commercially available sound middleware and/or internal/proprietary game development tools such as Wwise, Unreal Engine, etc.
- Relevant experience in other industries i.e., film and TV
Why join us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games