Designer - Game Logic Integrator
Guildford, UK, Permanent
We are looking for Designers to join the team at Supermassive, to work on new, as yet unannounced project.
This role is all about the design and implementation of core game systems and mechanics through utilizing visual-logic and in-house tools, supporting the combat and level design teams to design and create compelling gameplay and working closely with the programming team to implement a wide variety of systems.
You need to be conﬁdent around Unreal Engine and have experience using Blueprints.
The position is in-house at Supermassive Games in Guildford and is available as a permanent role
- Design and implement game logic through visual scripting systems and in-house tools
- Aid in the development of compelling gameplay motifs that scale and evolve in complexity and challenge across the game
- Crate a develop game play systems from concept to final quality in collaboration with the design team, programmers, and artists
- Create and translate prototypes into motifs and game ready logic and iterate them to quality
- Use and modify existing blue-prints to create new gameplay
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Competent using Unreal with experience in its various tools – you are a confident with blueprints and love to create exciting gameplay systems!
- Demonstrate experience of a collaborative approach to game making, showing how you worked together with other disciplines/team members to realize the best possible game play experience
- The ability to balance and adjust mechanics and gameplay content based on feedback
- A logical approach and solid problem-solving skills
- A solid understanding of gameplay, flow and implementing game logic systems
- Quick to adapt to proprietary software, workflows, pipelines, and tools
Other Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- A portfolio of gameplay and design work that speaks to our key requirements
- Hands on design experience in a team, working on a published game
- A passion for making games driven by gameplay and stories
- Experience with puzzle design, combat design and action-based gameplay
- The desire and knowledge to push for quality in collaboration with your team
You also need to be:
- An excellent communicator with a proactive approach when seeking answers
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Self-motivated team player
- Proficient at technical problem solving