Guildford, UK, Permanent
Supermassive Games are looking for a highly talented and experienced Concept Artist to play a key role in the studio.
The primary role of this position is to aid the Production Designer in fleshing out and communicating the Game Director’s vision for the game, providing high-quality concept artwork to be used as detailed reference for the rest of the art team.
- Experience creating high quality concept art for professional and personal projects
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates a variety of subjects including characters, creatures, environments, vehicles and props.
- Proven creative approach, with the ability to innovate in a disciplined way
An in-depth understanding of:
o Human and Animal Anatomy
o Natural Environment
o Colour and Tone
- Experience of creating concept art for games, film or TV would be an advantage
- Experience producing storyboards for games, film or TV would be an advantage
Key Skills and Responsibilities
The main and routine tasks of this position are:
- Creating high-quality concept art in conjunction with the Production Designer which clarifies and communicates the vision of the Game Director
- Creating concept art which helps the Game Director and Production Designer to explore new ideas and approaches
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as game designers and lighting, VFX, character and environment artists in order to provide accurate designs for them to use
- When required, producing storyboards for the game
- Excellent 2D art skills
- Experience using Maya/Sketchup or other 3D package an advantage
The candidate should have
- A drive to constantly push art quality and try out new ideas.
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
To enjoy working at Supermassive you also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Team focussed
- Creative and innovative