Guildford, UK, Permanent
Supermassive Games are looking for a highly talented and creative Concept Artist to play a key role in the studio.
The successful candidate should be a gifted artist capable of creating compelling imagery rich in atmosphere and story. Working directly with the Art Director, the primary role for this position is to create artwork which helps to develop and refine the look and feel of unique and exciting worlds and characters which form the basis for our narrative based game projects.
Experience and Skills:
- A strong portfolio which demonstrates a natural eye for composition with a cinematic slant.
- Proven ability to deal with varying subject matter and tone, equally adept at creating strikingly beautiful imagery and gritty horror.
- A good communicator capable of exploring an idea visually. Able to work quickly to find the essence of an idea visually.
- Experience of creating concept art for games, film or TV would be an advantage.
- Experience producing storyboards for games, film or TV would be an advantage.
The main and routine tasks of this position are:
- Creating high-quality concept art in conjunction with the Art Director which clarifies and communicates the vision for the project.
- Creating concept art which helps to explore new ideas and approaches.
- Researching and exploring reference to support ideas.
- Excellent 2D art skills
- Experience using Maya/Sketchup or other 3D package an advantage
You should have:
- A natural artistic flair, with a proven track record for creating high quality concept art pieces.
- A strong work ethic, with the ability to use time well and be productive.
- An enthusiastic and positive approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative