Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end interactive drama, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry, going from strength to strength. Want to join us on the journey?
Supermassive Games are seeking a Build Engineer to work on our exciting projects!
Working as part of the Central Tech Team you will contribute to multiple projects in development at Supermassive Games, enabling teams to create and deliver games across all consoles and PC platforms. Your responsibilities will include:
- Using in depth knowledge of build systems to design, implement, and maintain Supermassive Games’ CI and CD systems and pipelines.
- Collaborating with the other members of the Central Tech Team to supply the highest level of service possible
- Working closely with game and engine programmers across the various project teams to support the projects through their development cycle
- Be innovative when opportunities arise, be conservative when sensible
- Take responsibility for your own work and contribute to an environment where others feel enabled to do the same
Skills and experience required:
- CI/CD build systems, e.g., TeamCity (Kotlin), Jenkins (JobDSL/Groovy), Buildkite - previous experience with build systems is essential
- In-depth knowledge of Source Control software, e.g., Perforce - our build systems are tightly integrated with Perforce, so relevant experience is desired
- Python – Python can be picked up on the job by the right person, but prior knowledge would put you ahead
- AAA game development, e.g., Unreal or Unity - previous experience working with build systems for modern AAA games engines is an advantage
We'd be impressed by:
- PowerShell – PowerShell is in use in some of our system, so having a good understanding would help with the role
- Rust – Rust is becoming increasingly relevant for us, so having some understanding of Rust would be a good foundation
- C++ - we are using Unreal engine for our games development and Rust is grounded in C++, so experience with the language can be beneficial
Why join us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Private health insurance
- Pension and life assurance x6 time annual salary
- Quarterly profit related bonus scheme
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games