Build and Tools Engineer
Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver experiences such as high-end interactive drama and immersive VR, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We’ve harnessed Unreal Engine 4 and built a suite of powerful, world-class systems on top of it. Now we need you to help us take this further.
You’ll be engineering critical tools that will underpin development across all our games. You’ll be involved in solving complex and technical challenges, as well as working with developers from all disciplines to understand and improve their workflows.
In other words you’ll be playing a key role in developing our future games.
What we're looking for:
- Experienced in build systems - TeamCity, Jenkins, CircleCI or similar, continuous integration, automation (games industry experience not essential)
- Experienced in C++ - you’ve got experience in C++, and have contributed to published software (games industry experience not essential)
- Experienced with source control systems – Perforce, Git, Mercurial, Subversion etc
- Problem Solver – you enjoy understanding and working with complex systems. You’re prepared to dive into unfamiliar code and learn new skills when necessary.
- Great Communicator - you can talk about your work, can talk both to technical and non-technical people to help them overcome technical issues
We'd be especially impressed by:
- Wide Range of Experience. Knowledge of relational and document-orientated databases, multi-threading, Unreal editor, web development.
- Experience with various operating systems and platforms
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative