Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver experiences such as high-end interactive drama and immersive VR, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We’ve customised Unreal Engine 4 to build a suite of powerful, world-class systems and tools that underpin our games. Now we need your help to take this to the next level.
We are aiming to achieve Hollywood production values in real time, so we’re engaging with industry-leading, next generation features for rendering, content creation and human simulation that will intensify the player experience.
You will be a key part of the team for one of our games. Your responsibilities will include:
- Applying a deep understanding of Wwise audio API and tools to meet the requirements of the game and suggest new approaches
- Working closely with other disciplines to achieve the highest quality player experience possible
- Creating and refactoring game systems at a number of levels from production use to player-facing code
- Producing code that is based on high standards of readability, reliability and maintainability
What we're looking for:
- Expert in C++ - you’ve worked with C++ for 5+ years, and contributed to shipped games on PC, console or mobile.
- Focussed on Audio Quality - you are able to work closely with audio designers to implement and actively develop an efficient workflow that is capable of creating top quality game audio.
- Technology Leadership - Able to propose and develop a clear audio technical strategy and code architecture for the project that works in the shared codebase.
- Great Communicator - you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers.
- Practical - sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation. You have an instinct for what level of engineering is needed, and you can work efficiently at any level.
- Passion for Games - you’ve probably been playing games forever. You understand an engaging player experience and are confident reproducing it in code.
We'd be especially impressed by:
- Audio Middleware. In-depth knowledge of at least one audio middleware, such as Wwise or Fmod.
- Experience shipping games on console or PC. Detailed knowledge of SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One or high-end Windows PC.
- Unreal Engine 4. Experience of using and extending the editor and runtime of Unreal Engine.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative