Audio Production Manager
Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
Supermassive Games are seeking an Audio Production Manager to work on one of our exciting new projects!
We’re looking for an Audio Production Manager to join The Dark Pictures development team. You will be responsible for managing the internal Audio Team and working with external partners to deliver the audio for each game in the anthology.
The ideal candidate will be a rounded manager, able to apply the correct balance to process and the development of staff to improve their wellbeing and performance.
It is a key part of the role that the Audio Production Manager inspires and motivates a diverse team of Audio Designers, internally and externally, to achieve the best possible results.
The role reports to the Series Producer, and is responsible for the Audio Team, with support, guidance and direction from the Audio Director, Game Director and Series Directors. The Audio Team provide SFX, Foley, ambiences, voice and music editing, and work closely with the Production and Presentation Teams to deliver high-quality audio for the games.
- Completing and validating estimates for the work to be done based on the Design Specification, Tools and Production Methods
- Advising on the ‘make or buy’ production decisions for Audio
- Supporting the information flow between the internal team and appropriate Development Partners, including the briefing of those partners, and effective delivery and integration of the work done outside of the internal team
- Managing relationships with external development partners to produce work to the highest standard expected by Supermassive Games
- Liaise with partners to solve issues and communicate needs with strong project planning
- Maintaining appropriate internal staffing levels and external partner capacity to meet the forecast production needs of the series
- Planning and prioritisation of work to best meet the needs of the Game Teams
- Accurate reporting of actual and forecast costs and effort to enable the Studio to support with appropriate resources
- Managing the morale, motivation, and performance of the Audio Team including the Lead Audio Designers and, through those Leads, the performance, development and wellbeing of the 10 or more staff members within that team
- Improving pipelines, methods and the appropriate use of skills within the team to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Audio Production
- Supporting the Game Teams, Production Integration Team, and the Presentation Team with resource requests where practical
Skills and experience required:
We would expect you to have a minimum of 5 years of experience in production or management roles within film, TV or games, with direct responsibility for creative teams of 20 or more. You should also have experience managing relationships with and delivery by external partners.
You should also be able to demonstrate a good understanding of, and enthusiasm for, the process and requirements of audio design and production.
- Fanatical about detail
- Meticulously organised
- Good knowledge of or experience in audio design or production
- Familiarity with a variety of project management and bug tracking software (e.g. Jira, DevTrack)
- In-depth knowledge of Excel
- Passion for narrative-led games
Why join us:
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games