Guildford, UK, Permanent or 6 Months Fixed-term/Freelance Contract
We are looking for a talented and experienced Audio Designer to work in house within the accomplished Audio team on our AAA horror titles.
If you understand the importance of delivering visceral audio engagement within a game experience, how subtle detail and emotionally driven sound design can enhance a player’s immersion and have a desire for excellence, then we’d very much like to hear from you.
The role requires an excellent ear for detail, intuitive mentoring ability and a strong desire to create incredible, innovative audio experiences.
The successful candidate will need experience in all phases of audio design and production, with high proficiency in core skills of sound design, sound effects, music editing, Foley.
The position is in-house at Supermassive Games in Guildford.
- Own, and deliver to quality, areas of the project’s audio experience
- Create and integrate narrative-enhancing, immersive sound design
- Work closely with the Audio Director and Lead Audio Designer to understand and implement the audio direction for the game
Key Skills and Experience:
- At least four years of experience in sound design / game sound, ideally in AAA
- Wide experience of implementing sound into games using various game development tools, pipelines and technology
- High proficiency with Audiokinetic’s Wwise
- Good knowledge of DAWs and sample editors
- Experience with SFX and Ambient Sound Design
- Good recording skills for SFX and Foley in studio and external environments
- Strong communication skills coupled with the ability to deliver great sound design
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Unreal Engine 4
- Film / linear post-production skills
- Good understanding of music theory and music editing experience beneficial
- Understanding of simple coding techniques
The candidate should have:
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- A desire to learn and improve on their skillset
To enjoy working at Supermassive you also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Team focussed
- Creative and innovative