Art Production Manager
Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
Supermassive Games are seeking an Art Production Manager to work on one of our exciting new projects!
We would expect you to have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in production or management roles within the games industry, or equivalent creative industries, with direct responsibility for creative teams of 20 or more.
The ideal candidate will be a rounded manager, able to apply the correct balance of process and the development of staff to improve their wellbeing and performance.
It is a key part of the role that the Art Production Manager inspires and motivates a diverse team of artists to achieve the best possible results.
The role reports to the Production Director and is primarily responsible for art disciplines such as character and environment to deliver high-quality art assets for the games, with support, guidance and direction from the Art Director and Game Director.
- Assisting art leads to complete and validate estimates for the work to be done based on the Design Specification, Tools and Production Methods
- Supporting the information flow between the internal team and external development partners by liaising closely with the Partner Manager to help ensure effective delivery and integration of the work done outside of the internal team
- Planning and prioritisation of work to best meet the needs of the Game Teams
- Accurate reporting of actual and forecast costs and effort to enable the Studio to support with appropriate resources
- Managing the morale, motivation, performance and career progression of the Production Art Team including the Lead Artists and, through those Leads, the performance, development and wellbeing of approximately 20 staff members within that team
- Improving pipelines, methods and the appropriate use of skills within the team to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Art Production
- Supporting the Game Teams, Production Integration Team, and the Presentation Team with resource requests where practical
- Working with internal and external (outsourced) staff
- Fanatical about details
- Meticulously organised
- Familiarity with a variety of project management and bug tracking software (e.g. Jira, DevTrack)
- In-depth knowledge of Excel
- Passion for narrative-led games
To enjoy working in our studio and to succeed at Supermassive Games, you also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Committed to quality
- Creative and innovative
Why join us:
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games