Art Production Manager
Guildford, UK, Permanent
We’re looking for an Art Production Manager to join The Dark Pictures development team. You will be responsible for several of the internal art discipline teams who create assets for the games.
We would expect you to have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in production or management roles within film, TV, games or equivalent creative industries, with direct responsibility for creative teams of 20 or more.
The ideal candidate will be a rounded manager, able to apply the correct balance of process and the development of staff to improve their wellbeing and performance.
It is a key part of the role that the Art Production Manager inspires and motivates a diverse team of artists to achieve the best possible results.
The role reports to the Production Director, and is primarily responsible for art disciplines such as character and environment to deliver high-quality art assets for the games, with support, guidance and direction from the Art Director, Game Director and Series Directors.
- Assisting art leads to complete and validate estimates for the work to be done based on the Design Specification, Tools and Production Methods
- Supporting the information flow between the internal team and external development partners by liaising closely with the Partner Manager to help ensure effective delivery and integration of the work done outside of the internal team
- Planning and prioritisation of work to best meet the needs of the Game Teams
- Accurate reporting of actual and forecast costs and effort to enable the Studio to support with appropriate resources
- Managing the morale, motivation, performance and career progression of the Production Art Team including the Lead Artists and, through those Leads, the performance, development and wellbeing of approximately 20 staff members within that team
- Improving pipelines, methods and the appropriate use of skills within the team to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Art Production
- Supporting the Game Teams, Production Integration Team, and the Presentation Team with resource requests where practical
- Fanatical about details
- Meticulously organised
- Familiarity with a variety of project management and bug tracking software (e.g. Jira, DevTrack, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Excel
- Passion for narrative-led games
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative