Art Production Manager
Guildford, UK, Permanent
We’re looking for an Art Production Manager to join The Dark Pictures development team. You will be responsible for the internal art teams who create the environment and character assets for game.
We would expect you to have a minimum of 5 years of experience in production or management roles within film, TV or games, with direct responsibility for creative teams of 20 or more.
The ideal candidate will be a rounded manager, able to apply the correct balance to process and the development of staff to improve their wellbeing and performance.
It is a key part of the role that the Art Production Manager inspires and motivates a diverse team of Artists to achieve the best possible results.
The role reports to the Production Director, and is responsible for the Art Team, with support, guidance and direction from the Art Director, Game Director and Series Directors. The Art Team consists of World and Character Artists who deliver high-quality art assets for the games.
- Completing and validating estimates for the work to be done based on the Design Specification, Tools and Production Methods
- Advising on the ‘make or buy’ production decisions for Character and Environment Art
- Supporting the information flow between the internal team and appropriate Development Partners, including the briefing of those partners, and effective delivery and integration of the work done outside of the internal team
- Maintaining appropriate internal staffing levels to meet the forecast production needs of the series
- Planning and prioritisation of work to best meet the needs of the Game Teams
- Accurate reporting of actual and forecast costs and effort to enable the Studio to support with appropriate resources
- Managing the morale, motivation, and performance of the Production Art Team including the Lead Artists and, through those Leads, the performance, development and wellbeing of approximately 20 staff members within that team
- Managing the morale, motivation, and performance of a small group of Production Design and Storyboard Artists, along with their assignment to Game Teams for the Concept and Design phase of each project
- Improving pipelines, methods and the appropriate use of skills within the team to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Art Production
- Supporting the Game Teams, Production Integration Team, and the Presentation Team with resource requests where practical
- Fanatical about details
- Meticulously organised
- Familiarity with a variety of project management and bug tracking software (e.g. Jira, DevTrack, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Excel
- Passion for narrative-led games
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative