Guildford, UK, Permanent
Supermassive Games is an award-winning studio, known for the critically acclaimed games like Until Dawn and The Dark Pictures Anthology.
We are looking for a talented Technical Animator to join us and help craft high-end cinematic horror-games. You will be involved in all aspects of the animation pipeline collaborating with other key disciplines to implement and iterate content. From performance capture editing to hand key. From realistic facial animation to ragdoll simulation. From cinematography to in-game state machines.
- We will need to see a showreel which demonstrates a love for animation and the ability to create high-quality work.
- Demonstrable technical aptitude from these areas; scripting, simulations, state machines or other.
Key skills and responsibilities:
- This is a hybrid role where a high level of artistic and technical expertise is required. You will be expected to turn your hand to the entire animation pipeline as necessary.
- Key-frame animation showcasing principles and fundamentals of animation.
- Scripting experience.
- A focus on delivering a great game experience.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as environment, character, lighting and VFX artists, engineering and game designers.
- Willingness to give and receive constructive feedback in order to improve and grow.
- Unreal Engine 4
- Houdini would be an advantage
Nice to have:
- Python Scripting
- Experience running physics simulations
- Experience with motion capture editing
- The ability to create realistic bipedal animation
- Knowledge of realistic facial animation
- Rigging and Skinning
- Cinematography and editing experience
- State machine creation
Why join us?
- Quarterly profit-related bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive game