Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
Supermassive Games are seeking a Technical Animator to work on our exciting projects! We will consider all levels, from Junior up.
You will develop, iterate and implement new game features in Unreal, whilst maintaining and updating existing features. Working as a key point of contact between design, engineering, animation and the wider team.
- Create and maintain animation blueprints so animations look good, blend well and play nicely in game.
- Breakdown designs into a plan of action and communicate this to design, animation and engineering.
- Oversee the development of games systems which support animation and make sure they are working and implemented correctly.
- A focus on delivering a great game experience.
- Willingness to give and receive constructive feedback.
Key skills and responsibilities:
- A showreel illustrating your skills and passion.
- Scripting experience.
- Animation state machine experience.
- Unreal, Maya and MotionBuilder experience.
- Familiarity with motion matching systems.
- Passionate about gameplay experiences.
- Experience working with motion capture.
- The initiative to tackle challenges as part of a team.
Why join us?
- Quarterly profit-related bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- 6 x life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive game