With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We are seeking a freelance Animator to work on one of our exciting new projects!
You will be responsible for editing mocap data for characters and key-framing props in sequences, to provide high-quality content for one of our games currently in production.
- The ability to follow an artistic vision and interpret feedback and direction accurately.
- A solid understanding of traditional animation principles (timing, weight, etc)
- Experience working with and editing mocap data.
- Ability to create and iterate props key-frame animation.
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 3 years of experience as an animator, working on at least one AAA game.
- Able to clean up and enhance motion captured performances
- A portfolio of work demonstrating the ability to create high-quality animations
- Maya and/or Motion Builder
- Knowledge of the principles of key-frame and motion capture technology
- Experience of character rigs
The candidate should have
- A drive to constantly push animation quality and try out new ideas
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic
- Good communication skills
Why join us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games