Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We are seeking for an Animator with Gameplay experience to work on one of our exciting new projects!
You will be responsible for a creating animation through keyframe and motion capture. Collaborating with other key disciplines to implement and iterate. Creating high quality content, for both in-game and cinematic sequences.
- The ability to follow an artistic vision and interpret feedback and direction accurately
- An ability to interpret storyboards and take them through to final animation
- A solid understanding of traditional animation principles (timing, weight, etc.)
- Experience working with and editing mocap data.
- Ability to create and iterate key-frame animation.
- Strong staging and block-out skills, with a good eye for character posing.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as environment, character, lighting and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create a AAA game experience.
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 5 years of experience as an animator, working on at least one AAA game.
- Creating believable key-framed performances for both humans and creatures
- Able to clean up and enhance motion captured performances
- Detailed knowledge of the workflows and methods involved in animating game characters, vehicles and objects.
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create high-quality animations.
- Motion Builder
- Knowledge of the principles of key-frame and motion capture technology
- Experience of character rigs and facial animation solutions
The candidate should have
- A drive to constantly push animation quality and try out new ideas.
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
Why join us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Quarterly Profit-related Bonus Scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games