Guildford, UK, Permanent
Supermassive Games are looking for a highly talented and experienced Senior Animator to play a key role in the studio.
You will be responsible for a creating and editing key-frame animation and editing mocap data for in-game characters and sequences, to provide high-quality content for one of our games currently in production.
- At least 5 years of experience as an animator, working on at least one AAA game.
- Creating believable key-framed performances for both humans and creatures
- Able to clean up and enhance motion captured performances
- Detailed knowledge of the workflows and methods involved in animating game characters, vehicles and objects.
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create high-quality animations.
- Some experience in a Lead capacity would also be an advantage.
Key Skills and Responsibilities
- The ability to follow an artistic vision and interpret feedback and direction accurately
- An ability to interpret storyboards and take them through to final animation
- A solid understanding of traditional animation principles (timing, weight, etc.)
- Experience working with and editing mocap data.
- Ability to create and iterate key-frame animation.
- Taking ownership of larger tasks and seeing them through to completion.
- Strong staging and block-out skills, with a good eye for character posing.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as environment, character, lighting and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create a AAA game experience.
- Motion Builder
- Knowledge of the principles of key-frame and motion capture technology
- Experience of character rigs and facial animation solutions
The candidate should have
- A drive to constantly push animation quality and try out new ideas.
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
To enjoy working at Supermassive you also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Team focussed
- Creative and innovative