Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver experiences such as high-end interactive drama and immersive VR, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We’ve customised Unreal Engine 4 to build a suite of powerful, world-class systems and tools that underpin our games. Now we need your help to take this to the next level.
We are aiming to achieve Hollywood production values in real time, so we’re engaging with industry-leading, next generation features for rendering, content creation and human simulation that will intensify the player experience.
You will be a key part of the team for one of our games. Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing game systems that will take our character interaction and locomotion forward to the next generation
- Applying a deep understanding of Unreal Engine 4 animation and sequencer systems to meet the requirements of the game, extend the functionality and suggest new approaches
- Achieving realistic human animation through combining animations, IK and other bespoke skeletal control systems
- Being involved at any stage of asset production from specification to platform-specific challenges
What we're looking for:
- Expert in C++ - you’ve worked with C++ for 5+ years, and contributed to shipped games on PC, console or mobile.
- Animation Guru – in-depth knowledge of several game systems, including animation and player control, in both tools/pipeline and runtime. You have a strong desire to advance the quality of high-fidelity characters.
- Strong 3D Maths – you have a broad knowledge of the theory and practical application of 3D maths in games.
- Great Communicator - you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers.
- Practical - sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation. You have an instinct for what level of engineering is needed, and you can work efficiently at any level.
- Passion for Games - you’ve probably been playing games forever. You understand an engaging player experience and are confident reproducing it in code.
We'd be especially impressed by:
- Experience shipping games on console or PC. Detailed knowledge of SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One or high-end Windows PC.
- Knowledge of animation systems. Using blend trees, state machines and procedural systems to create believable human performances in software.
- Unreal Engine 4. Experience of using and extending the editor and runtime of Unreal Engine.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative