Lead Desktop Support Engineer
Guildford, UK, Permanent
We are an independent games development studio based in Guildford, established in 2008. We currently employ just over 170 talented people working on console and PC games. Our teams are an eclectic mix from very technical programmers to highly creative artists, designers, audio specialists. We pride ourselves on our friendly, energetic and collaborative working environment.
We are looking for someone who is able to quickly make a good contribution to the studio. They should have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with using Service Desk software
- Experience supporting Windows 10 and Office365
- A minimum of three years desktop support experience.
- The ability to provide a complete desktop support service - installation, configuration, customisation, peripherals (GFX cards, printers, cabling, etc.) and other hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Experience of building and maintaining laptop/desktop PC images.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting LAN TCP/IP networking, including wired and wireless support.
- Supporting Microsoft Office 2013 and Office 365 applications.
- The ability to work unsupervised, work to deadlines and have a flexible attitude.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Excellent prioritisation skills for day-to-day/BAU/1st & 2nd line queries, for yourself and one other engineer
- Ensuring new hires’ PC and equipment are setup in advance of start date
- Maintaining the stock cupboard. (i.e. ensuring sufficient stock levels and ensuring the room is tidy
- Ensuring the desktop engineer lab desks/area is tidy and well-organised.
- Ensuring we have sufficient licenses for common apps for new hires
- Hardware and software troubleshooting (desktop, laptop, printer, etc.). Must be to component level (i.e. RAM/CPU/DISK/PSU/etc.).
- Ensuring all physical hardware is asset tagged and all software is registered within our asset system.
- Building and maintaining documentation for common desktop processes.
Other desirable skills:
- Working with KACE
- Working with MacOS, iOS or Android systems
- PC performance tuning
- Previous experience of working in games studio.